- This event has passed.
Former Finnish Prime Minister Mr. Paavo Lipponen to hold the keynote speech at the HA Neighbours seminar on EU-Russia cooperation
November 9, 2016 @ 10:40 - 12:00
The seminar is devoted to discussions on potential and perspective areas for cooperation of the currently renewed North Western Russian Strategy 2020 and the EUSBSR, as well as the overall persperctives of EU-Russia cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region.
Time: Wednesday 9 November 2016, at 10.40-12.00
Venue: The Brewery Conference Centre, Riddarsalen
Moderators: Mikko Lohikoski, Senior Advisor, City of Turku and Daria Akhutina, Senior Advisor, CBSS Secretariat
Greeting speech on behalf of CBSS Icelandic Presidency: Ambassador, Chairman of the CSO CBSS Gudmundir Arni Stefansson.
Political introduction to the theme and an overview to future perspectives:
- Paavo Lipponen, former Prime Minister of Finland
Introduction to the Strategy for socio-economic development of Russian Northwest Federal district 2020:
- Irina Karelina, Director General, ICSER, Leontief Centre
- Slava Khodko, Chairman of the Board, Northwest Development and Investment Promotion Agency
Panel discussion on the vision for BSR development in the light of the Baltic Sea region strategies:
- Erja Tikka, Ambassador, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
- Igor Kapyrin, Deputy Director, Dept. of European Cooperation, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Kurt Bratteby, Swedish Institute, Deputy Director General. Director, Department for International Affairs
- Reiner Kneifel-Haverkamp, Head of Unit, EU-Economic and Financial Policies, Brandenburg Ministry of Justice, for European Affairs and Consumer Protection
- Michael Ralph, European Commission, DG Regional and Urban Policy, Adviser to the Deputy Director General for Implementation
Please note that the seminar is accessible to registered participants of the EUSBSR Strategy Forum.